Finance & Operations Manager
FarmTree is a start-up service provider specialising in supporting landscape restoration initiatives, in particular Agroforestry, through impact quantification. FarmTree's mission is to ‘make cost-benefit analysis accessible to smallholder farmers and their supporters’. The FarmTree flagship instrument is the FarmTree® Tool that forecasts economic, environmental and social impact of Agroforestryscenarios. Through this, FarmTree contributes to the realisation of Sustainable Development Goals such as no poverty, biodiversity, climate action, and gender equity.
To this end, FarmTree is developing advisory products, including
- Agroforestry system capture
- Agroforestry scenario performance projections
- Land restoration project economic and financial analysis
- Single-issue tools for financial or carbon balance planning
FarmTree's tool is based on a combination of field data capture and IT development with the aim to unlock information that agroforestry practitioners require in project planning and monitoring.
Submit your application by 15 February 2024
- Process accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank records
- Manage client invoicing
- Prepare payments and management salary administration
- Process memorials and expenses in the financial records
- Manage quarterly VAT reporting and assist in preparing monthly reports and financial statements
- Make improvement proposals to optimise and further automate financial administrative processes
- Master the various Odoo Apps and act as the FarmTree resources person
- Provide office and ICT support to the FarmTree Team
- Support the CEO with Human Resource Management tasks
- Assist with project reporting
- Education at HBO/MBO-4 level, preferably in the field of financial or business administration
- Some experience in a similar role, starters are also welcome!
- Naturally, you like numbers and enjoy working data-driven
- Highly proactive and fast actor. You are a real go-getter, can switch quickly and organise your own work
- Familiar with the Dutch tax and accounting system
- You are a team player, you are an enthusiastic and social colleague who can work independently, but also looks for coordination
- You are development-oriented and look for improvement opportunities to further professionalise the financial administration and make your work more efficient
- Both your Dutch and English is excellent, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft365
- You have affinity with the mission of FarmTree and enjoy working for a green and better world with more trees
Nice to have
- Prior administrative experience of at least two years
- Familiar with Odoo
- Working knowledge of additional languages such as Spanish, French, Portuguese or Arabic
- Experience with Human Resource Management
- Cultural awareness
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Preferably living in the vicinity of Wageningen
FarmTree offers a pleasant and dynamic working environment.
You will keep track of the daily financial management of the company, including all payments, processing incoming and outgoing invoices, salary administration and quarterly VAT reporting. FarmTree uses Odoo for its financial administration as well as timesheets, project reporting, recruitment, you name it and it's possible in Odoo. You'll become our Odoo expert.
Initially you work closely with the CEO and in due time with other colleagues of the finance department.
You are resilient, imperturbable and tenacious. You are open to new experiences and methods and are creative. You are also goal-oriented, disciplined, orderly, systematic and accurate.
You bring a flexible work attitude, show initiative and quickly make things your own. In addition, you have excellent communication skills. You are able to prioritize and you get excited by financial figures. In addition, you know how to bring tasks to a successful conclusion with a proactive attitude. You have an open and collaborative attitude. You are eager to learn, are not afraid of self-reflection and dare to give and receive feedback.
What We Offer
At FarmTree you will be warmly welcomed in an enthusiastic, diverse and fast-growing international team.
Are you looking for a versatile operational position in a pleasant and dynamic environment? Do you get energy from work with which you contribute to society? FarmTree offers this opportunity!
If you want to develop further, we are happy to give you that opportunity and your manager will guide you in it. At FarmTree there are many opportunities for further personal development. This way you keep growing towards the next step in your career.
Our job offer includes the following:
A one-year competitive employment contract of 24-32 hours (number of hours can be determined by mutual agreement) with the prospect of two one-year extensions followed by an open-ended contract on good performance
Your contribution to the company will strengthen the effectiveness and efficiency of all other staff. You will work in nice, informal and familiar working atmosphere. If desired you can join those who take a daily walk during lunch
The opportunity to make a world better and be at the core of the growth of a start-up that the World is desperately waiting for
Salary & Benefits
A competitive salary in line with our sector, full reimbursement of commuting expenses, scope for working from home and flexible working hours, a good and sustainable pension scheme